Call for Abstract Submissions
The Australian Hearing Hub Inaugural Conference 2013, to be held 17-19 April 2013, will launch Macquarie University's new state-of-the-art facilities. This inaugural conference will provide an outstanding opportunity for Australian and international researchers to exchange current knowledge and findings on the broad themes of language, literacy and cognition in children with hearing impairment, and to set future research agendas to address this challenging topic.
The Scientific Committee invites submission of abstracts for inclusion in the scientific program. Abstracts describing original scientific or clinical studies in any of the three conference themes, language, literacy or cognition in children with hearing impairment are invited. In addition, abstracts describing studies of the normal development of language, literacy and/or cognition in children that inform their development in children with hearing impairment will also be considered.
Submission Information for Oral, Oral Posters and Poster Presentations
All submissions of abstracts must be made on-line through the conference website. The conference language is English, and only abstracts submitted in English will be accepted. Authors should follow the posted instructions on the website for submission of abstracts.
Each submission must include:
- A short title (up to 20 words maximum);
- The authors' names (underline the presenting author);
- Presenting author's contact details including institution, address, email, telephone;
- Indication of preferred presentation format (oral, oral poster, poster);
- Indication of thematic area (i.e. language development, development of literacy or cognitive development), and subject group (i.e. children with hearing loss, or children with normal hearing); and
- Abstract to a maximum of 250 words describing the research work to be presented using the abstract template format (i.e. where appropriate providing aims, method, results, discussion, conclusion).
The Closing Date for Submissions is: 15 February 2013
Authors will be notified re acceptance by: 25 February 2013